Malware or malicious software is any software designed to cause damage to a computer, server, client, or computer network. Malware does the damage after it is implanted or introduced in some way into a target’s computer and can take the form of directly executable code, scripts, and other forms of data. Some kinds of malware are largely referred to in the media as computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, and scareware, among other terms.
Systems infected with Malware typically have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Increased CPU usage
- Slow computer or web browser speeds
- Problems connecting to networks
- Freezing or crashing
- Modified or deleted files
- Appearance of strange files, programs, or desktop icons
- Programs running, turning off, or reconfiguring themselves (malware will often reconfigure or turn off antivirus and firewall programs)
- Strange computer behavior
- Emails/messages being sent automatically and without user’s knowledge (a friend receives a strange email from you that you did not send)
Popular Malware Solutions
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.
- Avira Free Security Suite.
- AVG AntiVirus Free.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- SpyBot Search & Destroy.
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
- Avast anti-virus.
- Dexphot Malware Cryptojacked 80000+ Computers | Avast
- Advice for potential victims of IM-RAT malware
- New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database
- Mobile Anti Malware Market 2019: Global Key Players, Industry Size, Share, Trends, Segmentation …
- Malware Analysis Market was valued $3.0 billion in 2019 to $11.7 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of …