Neiman Marcus recently disclosed that its 2020 data breach impacted about 4.6 million customers with Neiman Marcus online accounts. Specific customer information was compromised during the hack which included:
- Payment card numbers and expiration dates (although no CVV numbers)
- Neiman Marcus virtual gift card numbers (without PINs)
- Security questions of Neiman Marcus online accounts
- Names, addresses, contact information
- usernames and passwords of Neiman Marcus online accounts
According to Neiman Marcus over 85 percent of the 3.1 million payment and virtual gift cards affected “were expired or invalid,” and no active store brand credit cards were affected.
Customers have been asked to change their password since the breach which occurred in May 2020. The company has set up a call center at (866) 571-9725 to help customers.