A multipartite virus is a computer virus that’s able to attack both the boot sector and executable files of an infected computer.
How do I know if have a multipartite virus?
- Drive controllers will no longer be present in Device Manager
- You receive frequent notifications that virtual memory is low
- Applications and files sizes continually change
- Hard drive reformats itself
- Word processing document extensions modified from DOC to DOT
- Programs may or may not execute, and will experience much longer loading times